Well, the summer trips have come to a close. I arrived back in Lexington Sunday evening. I am so thankful that God provided such an opportunity this summer. Not only have I gotten to travel to incredible places around the world, but I have also gotten to experience completely different cultures and develop friendships with precious people.
Here are few last pictures from the summer!
The beautiful "deel" (traditional dress) that my class gave to me as a present.
At our graduation ceremony. A group photo with many of our students on the last day. This was taken in front of the Mongolian Parliament . This building is their version of our Capitol in Washington D.C.
This summer there was a lot of rain. Here is our road to school after one heavy rainstorm! So how does a person get around the deep puddles that cover the roads?? Be creative!
How about Mongolian food? Mongolians eat A LOT of mutton (sheep), potatoes, cabbage, and noodles. They eat lots of meat and dairy products (some of which are very interesting!) and very few vegetables or fruits since they do not have a very long summer for growing crops.
Here my roommate and I are trying out "hosher". This is usually mutton wrapped in dough and quickly fried. Not bad!
Here I am trying the milk tea. We lucked out this summer since we had a British cook who served us American food for most of our lunches and dinners. When I went out with students we usually ate Chinese or Korean food. Yum!
Thanks for following along with me on my adventures this summer. We'll see where God leads for next summer....
No comments:
Post a Comment