Board Shorts
Sunday, July 26, 2009
We visited the new Ghenghis Khan monument on Saturday. It is a very impressive place for the people of Mongolia to remember a great leader of their country. Ghenghis Khan lived back in the late 1100s and made Mongolia the largest empire in the history of the world.
My students wanted me to ride another horse. I'm riding more horses here than in our horse capital of the world. Actually, I think Mongolia probably has more horses than Kentucky. They have about 14 horses for every person in Mongolia! You should see the little kids on these horses. They are amazing horse riders because they've been riding since the time they could sit on a horse.
We enjoyed the rest of the afternoon out in the majestic countryside. We stopped by a family's ger and got to see some of their horses and yaks.
Here I am with one of the family's baby yaks. (Mrs. Nally, this picture is specifically for you because of all your yak jokes!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment