Board Shorts

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Around Seattle


We enjoyed our Saturday morning at Pike's Place Market. What a cute place! In true Seattle fashion, we shopped under a drizzly, grey sky. My friends wouldn't let me use an umbrella...they said only tourists used them (wasn't I a tourist?).

Watch out for flying fish, guys!

I definitely had to check out the first ever Starbucks! It was right in the middle of Pike's Place. Nothing glamourous about this coffee shop. Just in and out with a long line usually streaming out the door.

Mmmm! Can't beat the smell of fresh coffee!

The weather in Seattle must be perfect for growing some magnificent flowers. I loved the stalls of beautiful blooms and all the people walking around with their bought flowers. Check out the huge dahlias!

If I lived in Seattle, I'd definitely be decorating my house with some gorgeous bouquets on a regular basis! They sell these bouquets for only $5 or $10!

Maybe my next job can be arranging flowers.
How fun it would be to make things of beauty!

We had to add our part to Bubble Gum Alley

Slightly gross...but definitely colorful

The pig of Pike's Place
Here we are out at a park having a delightful break from the spitting rain. Little did we know that it was just storing up the rain to completely drench us an hour later as we were out hiking and trying to find a little lighthouse!

Notice on this next set of pictures the many faces of James...the poses of Becky...and the constancy of Karl's smile in the midst of us being silly.
We do have a good time together! Thanks to my Seattle friends who provided me with a delightful weekend in their city.

No comments:

Post a Comment