James, Sammi, and I took off on Thursday for Mt. Si. I had asked that we take a hike in the mountains. I should have asked how many miles the hike was BEFORE starting. A 4 mile trek that continuously wound UP the mountain was a bit more challenging that I expected! The 4 miles back DOWN were much more enjoyable.

A beautiful scene from an overlook along the way.
I'm all about taking a break! We don't have mountain hikes like this in KY!

"Come on, girls. Stop complaining. See, I have tasty baguettes in my
backpack that you can eat if you make it to the top! "

"James, do we really have 2 more miles to go?
These 2.5 miles straight up the mountain have completely done us in"
(Please don't judge us on our beautiful facial expressions!)
Sammi and I did finally make it to the top. James finally had enough of us and left us the last part of the hike lagging behind so we didn't hold him up any longer. Sammi and I weren't sure our legs would hold up those last few minutes as they were almost jelly.
The scene was gorgeous from the top! I enjoyed it for a whopping 15 seconds before I collapsed on the ground when I spotted a perfect rock for resting against. The problem was my rock faced AWAY from the scenery. I gobbled up my baguette and sack lunch (all the while trying to guard my sandwich from the aggressive bird - one did actually touch the sandwich and freaked me out). When I got up to take a look out over the mountain outlook, much to my dismay it had disappeared due to clouds that had quickly rolled in!

Here the clouds are rolling in and blocking our beautiful view.

The same view...just a few minutes after the above picture.
We are now shivering from the cold that came along with the clouds rolling in.
The 4 miles back down were MUCH better.
Sammi and I chatted the entire way down the mountain.
All in all...I am SOOO glad I got to do the beautiful hike. I'm also glad it is over and done!
James might never go hiking with girls again.
No comments:
Post a Comment