Board Shorts

Saturday, July 31, 2010

I got to visit Stanley Market on a recent afternoon. We went on a double-decker bus down to Stanley from the MTR station. It was such a perfect day to see the sights along the way!

Some great views of the city as we were riding up the mountain.



Ahhh...getting away from the city equals getting to see more greenery and less buildings!

Hmmm....why did I pick this corner seat closest to the edge of the drop off? I guess I forgot that it's Hong Kong, and we'd be driving on the left side of the road!

Yes, those are limbs and leaves smashing against my window. This was definitely an up-close and personal kind of tour.

Though the ride was a bit scary at times, the scenery was gorgeous! I love being able to see beautiful thing. Too much concrete and city living makes this girl dull....Lord, thank you for the refreshing views you've created in nature.

We also saw some opulent living. These views are quite pricey, but there are some very wealthy people in Hong Kong who can afford them. I've now seen more Rolls Royce, Maserati, and other luxury cars this summer than I've probably seen in my whole life.

We got to Stanley to enjoy some great shopping:) Totally for tourists, but it was so nice to have all that type of shopping in one area. Plus, it can be fun to try out one's bargaining skills with the merchants.

This is Murray House that used to be located on Hong Kong island in Central District. It housed British officers in the 1800s. It was dismantled and reconstructed here in Stanley when its original location was needed for the construction of the Bank of China Tower.

The view out to the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment